Joining a committee is a great way to get involved and support your school! WE NEED YOU!
If you are interested in joining a PTA committee or learning more about PTA committees please contact – email@example.com
C.W. Henry PTA Committees (2020-2021 School Year)
- President/Co-President – President, Leah Corsover, (parent)
Responsible for leading PTA toward specific goals chosen by its members. Create agendas for and is presiding officer at Board and Association Meetings.
- Vice President/Co-VP – Vice President, Mira Solomon (parent), 2nd Vice President, Bayaina Brown (parent)
Act as aide to the president; perform the duties of the president in the president’s absence or inability to serve.
- Finance Committee/Treasurer – Chair, Mark Graham (parent)
The Finance Committee develops a yearly budget, assists in the collection of revenues and presents suggestions for the best utilization of funds to the membership.
- Recording Secretary – Rebecca Smith (parent)
Keeps an accurate, concise, permanent record of proceedings at all PTA Board and Association Meetings. Maintain a current copy of the bylaws
- Corresponding Secretary – Patty Skuster (parent)
Draft and distribute all letters to contributors and volunteers. Work with Treasurer to ensure all donations are accounted for and tax notices are sent by January 31.
- Membership Committee – Chair, Bridget Morak (parent)
This committee recruits members, maintains membership database, solicits feedback from families and recruits volunteers.
- Events and Projects Committee– Chair, Meghan Medlock (parent)
Supports the development and implementation of PTA programs, projects and events throughout the year. This includes encouraging new ideas and recruiting volunteers.
- Communications and Public Relations Committee – Co-Chairs, Jennifer Byiers (parent) and Rachel Sitkin Marks (parent)
Positively promotes and develops methods of communication between the PTA and its members, school and community through use of the web site, email, social media, etc.
- Fundraising Committee – Chair, Natasha Broadwater (parent)
Provides leadership in creating and coordinating PTA fundraising efforts and ensures that all events undertaken in the name of the PTA comply with all applicable rules and standards.
- Lower School Committee – Co-Chairs, Kathrina Mullins-Sheard (teacher), Jonathan Barnes (parent), and Orien Smith-Warren (parent)
Provides leadership to ensure that the PTA addresses the needs of the students in grades K-5.
- Upper School Committee – Co-Chairs, TBD (parent) and Kimberly Smith (teacher)
Provides leadership to ensure that the PTA addresses the needs of the students in grades 6-8.
- Resource Sharing Committee –
Spearhead the coordination of resources sharing among community members during the pandemic (new for 2020/2021).
- Teacher Representative –
Represent the teaching staff in discussions at PTA Board Meetings. Usually makes report at each meeting.
- Student Representative –
Represent the student body, typically the student counsel, in discussions at PTA Board Meetings. Usually makes report at each meeting.