CW Henry School is ready to renovate our lower schoolyard!
- Improve safety by replacing the degraded asphalt
- Add play equipment for increased engagement and physical health
- Green the schoolyard with permeable surfaces and landscaping
- Create a space that reflects the vibrancy of the school community
Our working plans:
How will we get there?
Our working plans have received the green light from the school district and the water department. We kicked off in-school fundraising efforts with a Penny Drive competition among the classrooms, followed with a school-wide letter writing effort to bring attention to a crowdfunding campaign that ended Dec. 31st. We are researching and applying for grants to assist our efforts. We need a tremendous amount of support from local businesses, neighbors, and individuals.
School playgrounds promote quality of life by fostering healthy activity, social engagement, and community pride. Evidence suggests that community parks increase the value of neighboring residential and commercial properties. We also believe that an attractive and desirable play yard better reflects the amazing things happening inside our school. For these reasons, we are committed to the idea of strengthening connections between our neighborhood school, local businesses, and the greater Mt. Airy community.
Want to help?
- Send a contribution that is earmarked for the playground fund, made payable to CW Henry PTA, by mail, to 601 Carpenter Lane, Philadelphia PA 19119. This is a zero-fee method that will result in the most of your money going to the project.
You can also donate now through our paypal link on our fundraiser page: http://www.cwhenrypta.org/pta-events-activities/fundraisers/
- Donations to our crowdfunding campaign, kicked off from November 2016 to December 2016. Thank you to all who donated. We raised over $8000 towards our goal.
- Run your own fundraiser! Get creative as you ask your friends and family to contribute to the project – invite friends over to a hot chocolate bar, host a book swap, run a yard sale, have your kids make a video. Have fun with it, and people will be excited to help!
Businesses and Foundations:
- Double the impact of your donation by offering “matching funds” to motivate individual contributions in our crowdfunding campaign: $500 – $15,000
- Run your own fundraising event! Let us know your plans and we will help promote through our social media and email lists.
- Sponsor a piece of playground equipment, with a custom plaque:
- Slide: $1,500
- Ball game: $1,500
- Small spinner: $1,500
- Bench: $1,750 (10 available)
- Balance Beam: $2,000
- Stand-up See saw: $3,500
- Large spinner: $4,000
- Basketball Court: $5,000
- Seating Pavillion: $7,500 (2 available)
- Rope Star Climber: $10,000
If you wish to make a donation to this project, please click on the Donate Paypal button and include “playground project” in the memo/note line.