The PTA organizes and assists the school with many events throughout the year. Below are just some of the great events offered through the efforts of PTA members.
PTA Meetings & Family Fun Nights
- PTA meetings take place monthly on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at C. W. Henry.
- Every other month’s PTA meeting is a Family Night that will usually begin with a very brief PTA meeting, but will be focused on the fun thematic activities and snacks for children and their families.
Mt. Airy Village Fair
- C. W. Henry’s PTA offers a table at the Mt. Airy Village Fair with fun and interactive crafts and activities for kids.
- This is also a great opportunity to let the general community and prospective parents know about the wonderful things happening at Henry.
Turkey Trot 5k Run/ Walk
- In November, the PTA organizes a 5k run/ 1k walk to raise money for PTA programs in conjunction with West Mt. Airy Neighbors.
- Registration fees benefit the PTA.
- Children can participate in a fun, low-pressure 1k walk around the neighborhood with their friends.
Fun Fit Fest
- On a Saturday in May the C. W. Henry welcomes the community to participate in games and activities to promote healthy eating and get our bodies moving.
- Some activities have included: Philadelphia School of Circus Arts performances, juggling, the ever-popular blender bike, kickball, inflatables, and Willy Nilly’s Car Share
- Fabulous raffle items are offered from local businesses.
- K-5 students are invited with their family for a Friday evening of dancing and dinner.
- The photo booth is a hit with kids..and teachers, the principal, and parents alike.
- Tickets are available through preorder.
- Parent volunteers present hands-on Science activities (sometimes messy, but always informative and fun) to classes during the school day.