PTA Board Nominations Needed:
PTA elections are coming up in May. Several positions’ terms are up at the end of the year including president, vice president, and corresponding secretary. If you have any interest in one of these positions, or if you have questions as to what they may entail, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Below you will find brief descriptions of these positions from the PTA by-laws.
1. The president shall preside at all meetings of this local PTA;
2. serve as an ex officio member of all committees except the nominating committee, the election committee, and the auditing committee, if authorized to sign checks;
3. coordinate the work of the officers and committees of this local PTA in order that the Purposes may be promoted;
4. send contact information (name, address, phone, email if available) for the incoming officers to the state PTA office immediately upon election of officers and no later than June 15 annually;
5. perform other duties as may be provided for by these bylaws, prescribed by the parliamentary authority, or directed by the executive board;
6. appoint a parliamentarian as needed; and
7. have a current copy of this unit’s bylaws available for membership review.
The vice-president(s) shall
1. act as aide(s) to the president; and
2. in their designated order the 1st VICE PRESIDENT, and 2nd VICE PRESIDENT perform the duties of the president in the president’s absence or inability to serve.
The Corresponding Secretary shall
1. Provide all members with notice and agenda of Executive Board and General Membership meetings.
2. Notify Board Members of Board meetings and confirm when feasible. 3. Maintain an accurate list of card-carrying PTA members.
4. Conduct such other correspondence as required by the Executive Board.
5. Perform duties of the Recording Secretary at meetings when the Recording Secretary is absent.